Monday, May 3, 2010

Why? Just why?

Everyday I am amazed at how much idiocy feels our world. I can not even skim the surface in 1 or 1'000'000 posts. For today I will begin with one of simplest and dumbest things I notice everywhere I go. PEOPLE WHO DON'T THINK!

Why on earth have so many people given up on using their brains? It beats me because life would be so much easier if you took time to think through what you were going to say. Not to mention life would be so much less stressful. However, most people do not follow this philosophy. Instead they take it upon themselves to say whatever the first impulse sent to their brain is. Wait...I take that back we are designed to be more intelligent then that. So in short I believe people are actually working to act dumb! As ridiculous as this sounds do you really disagree with me? If you do you might very well be that person.

In the last few days alone I have encounter at least 10-15 of these thoughtfully ignorant individuals who work at using their brains below even a moderately functioning level. Why is the question? Why say things so dumb they make you look like an idiot? The best explanation I can come up with consists of 3 reasons. First, if you act stupid people will expect less of you. Thus making your life easier because you will eventually be the last one asked for ANYTHING. Second, acting stupid won't win you any awards but it will gain you a great number of friends all attempting to reach a higher level of idiocy. Thirdly, stupidity takes effort but it won't get you anywhere. I believe these people are not only afraid of change but they are also afraid of growth. It takes effort to learn and grow as a human and as pathetic as this sounds it is easier to put forth effort at being stupid then it is to actual learn something. For example, people find it easier to say because so and so told me then to build a valid reasoning of their own. What a sad society that is so lazy that won't even take the time to try and understand what their own beliefs are.

However, laziness a subject for another day. I didn't find it necessary to list specific example of stupidity but as a reader I am sure you can fill in with some examples of your own. So let the comments roll, good, bad, or indifferent.

Happy Offending!

1 comment:

  1. Wow babe...I agree! :-) People just don't think before they say things sometimes...myself included in this! So, I guess I'm one of the people your blog will be directed at...but you know what? I'm thankful..I love criticism...because I can take it and make my life better! I love you! :-) And thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete